My sweet Ever Iris is three months old today. Three months! She's moved out of the sleepy newborn stage and every day is slowly coming more and more "online" as Josh likes to call it. She smiles and coos and even gave us her first laugh the other morning. Which we now devote the entirety of our days trying to get her to replicate. She is the dreamiest little thing I have ever known. She's eternally happy and for that I am so, so grateful. A third child all the way, so easy going and fun.
At three months old she:
- Weighs in around 16-17 lbs last I checked, putting her in the 99th percentile for weight. She has the most delicious little chubby cheeks and thighs. You should see the rolls on these thighs you guys. Also, she's already wearing size 6-9 months clothing. I'm a goner for a fat baby and this one about does me in on the daily.
- Doesn't need or take a pacifier anymore, but loves chewing on her hands and drools like crazy.
- Is really starting to try to roll over but hasn't quite gotten it yet. She also rocks tummy time and can lift her whole chest off the ground now.
- Has accumulated quite the array of nicknames including but not limited to: Ever Mouse, Evvie, Everlasting Love (that one comes courtesy of Grandpa Nick) and Ever Bean which quickly devolved in to the inevitable Katniss Ever Bean (obvs.)
- Nursing like a champ and does really well taking bottles of pumped milk for babysitters or Josh.
- Co-sleeping with us and is the BEST sleeper. Goes down around 10pm and will sleep until about 7 or 8am if left undisturbed, waking once or twice to eat but falling immediately back to sleep. (I totally just jinxed this whole thing didn't I?)
- Smells like heaven. Milky baby breath + Dreft detergent + Baby Magic soap = my happy place.
- Has the longest, prettiest eyelashes already. Oren level long. Where do these kids of mine get these lashes? I don't know but I'll take it.
She's just an absolute dream baby, truly. I can't believe how lucky I am and can't fathom what I ever did to deserve all this. I still can't believe she's really here some days, after hoping for her for so long. After wondering if she was out there somewhere waiting for us. And now here she is, three months earth side. Three months of bringing us unbelievable joy and contentment. She's just the perfect fit into our family, our missing piece.