Chicago for my Birthday!

posted on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Josh and I just returned from one of the best weekends I've had in a long, long time. Hepcat was playing a show in a small club in Chicago a couple days before my birthday so we decided to make a weekend out of it. Though I've been a fan for 10+ years I've never gotten to see them live before, so being right up front, singing and dancing along was so much fun. 


Right before we left for the weekend we were trying to come up with someplace fun to meet up with our friends who live in the city when I stumbled upon the Saved By The Bell pop up restaurant online. We knew Matt and Allison would be up for a little nostalgic silliness so we met up for brunch there the next morning. They completely nailed it. And the food was even good too!


We also visited the Shedd Aquarium for the first time ever! I have to admit I felt a bit guilty going without the kids. So much so that we face timed them in a few times to show them some of the amazing exhibits and brought them home three very cute but very overpriced stuffed animals from the gift shop. Mom guilt is real y'all.


dolphins! and beluga whales!


We ended that night with sushi from Yuzu and a show at IO, just the two of us.


The next morning we had a brunch date with Kate and Dylan and baby Max who just so happened to be in Chicago the same weekend as us for a wedding. The food and the views at GreenRiver were only surpassed by the company. How lucky was I to share my birthday in this beautiful city with these sweet friends from home?!


I love Max.


We grabbed some pie afterwards from Bang! Bang! Pie which I'd been wanting to try FOREVER. I couldn't decide what to get so we got a slice of four different kinds and had a bit of a pie tasting. I'd highly recommend it. Best pie west of Abby.  


We ended the weekend with a visit with friends for baby kisses and a birthday dinner at Bavettes. A girl can't ask for a whole lot more than that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger