Malibu

posted on: Sunday, January 13, 2019


As I'm going back through all the photos of my travels last year I keep coming back to my photos of Malibu. I spent a few days here and there in Malibu with co-workers over the last year but the most special days were the trips I was out there on my own. I took myself on a few REALLY good dates, fully soaking up the beauty of this place. 

 Lunch on the pier at Malibu Farm was healthy, delicious and scenic as I watched surfers nearby.  


A stroll along this rocky beach at sunset was a highlight for sure.  


And finally a winding drive back through the hills for dinner at the Malibu Cafe at Calamigos Ranch was my absolute favorite memory. This place is a tourist destination and I can definitely see why.  During the day its flooded with folks playing lawn games and taking selfies against their many instagram-ready backdrops. But I went up at  night when it's all lit up and sparkling. Lights drip from the trees and instead of busy it's quiet, secluded and romantic. 

When the fires were raging through Malibu a few months ago all I could think about was this special place and I was sick to my stomach thinking about how it could all be gone just like that. I was checking their website and social media daily for status updates until they finally announced it had made it through relatively unharmed and was still standing. If you ever get an opportunity to visit this magical place you must take it. As I've learned you never know when it may be your last chance.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger