No Ordinary Love

posted on: Friday, July 15, 2011

Saturday night I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Sade live for the first time in 10 agonizingly long years. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was. I love that woman. I'm 27 years old and I think I've had a girl crush on her for about 26 of those years. Actually, a crush is probably too casual a term. I would say it's definitely more of a long term monogamous relationship and I'm currently considering having her babies and planning for our retirement.

It could not have been a better night. I got to spend it with Josh, my dad and my stepmom Patty. A fantastic dinner on the patio at Zinc before the show, and one of the most mesmerizing bands I have ever had the privilege of seeing live. This band is incredible --- so unbelievably talented at their craft. Their 20+ years experience was more than evident. Stuart Matthewman practically made love to his saxophone and the backup singer played guitar and the flute. The freaking backup singer! The production was outstanding, the video and lighting were spot on and did I mention we had floor seats? The entire band changed costumes four times. Who does that?! And of course there was Sade herself. She was flawless, she was beautiful, she was just...Sade. What can I say? She's the standard by which I compare every other singer to. And no one has yet to come close. I will happily wait another ten years for a shot at one more night like this. Perfection.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger