Snowy Day

posted on: Sunday, March 24, 2013

The calendar may say it's officially spring now but it still feels far from it around here. So I figured what's a better way to spend another cold weekend in Akron than a trip to the art museum for the Ezra Jack Keats "Snowy Day" exhibit? It's one of our favorite bedtime stories, but after seeing the exhibit I realized just how important this little book has been in promoting diversity and really paving the way for an entirely new urban landscape to be represented in children's literature. I know for certain I'll be looking to expand our library with more of Keats's books here in the very near future. If you're in the Akron area this exhibit is running through the end of June. More details are right, here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger