Mother's Day Weekend

posted on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Did you all have a nice weekend? Ours was pretty good if I do say so myself. I got to spend lots of time with all the mothers in my life (although I forgot my camera for half of it, as I tend to do). We had an amazing mother's day dinner Friday night for my mom with lots of picnic-style food. My stepdad grilled ribs, I made homemade potato salad and Abby made a cherry pie. Saturday Abby, Marisa and I took Patty out for a belated birthday/mother's day tea at the Ritz. We've been lots of times before, but it's always a good time and always such a treat to get dressed up and have a super girly morning together. After that we swung by my grandparent's house to visit with my grandma and stuff oursleves on more sweets (as we also tend to do). Wes picked a little bouqet of lily-of-the-valley and took it with us for my grandmother. So, so sweet! Then saturday night we got to try a new mexican place in north canton for a big mother's day celebration for Josh's mom. Again, I forgot my camera. But the food was delicious and Oren was cracking up the staff in his superhero cape and practicing all his best ninja moves on the cardboard cut out of the Dos Equis guy in the lobby.
 
Then Sunday, well, Josh had all the best intentions, but sometimes, kids will be kids. Neither one of the boys wanted to get a picture with me sunday morning. Then at brunch Wes spilled not one, but two glasses of water within the first 2 minutes of us sitting down. Oren refused to stay in his high chair and frankly, we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Oren was in rare form all weekend long actually. Do you remember in Father of the Bride part II where George and Nina are driving home from the doctor's office after just finding out they're pregnant? Nina is all happy and teary-eyed looking out her window at the left hand side of the street where all the moms are walking with their sweet little kids picking flowers and skipping down the street. And then there's George looking out his window on the right hand side of the street where all the kids are crying and throwing tanturms and running away from their parents....well, Oren was a right hand side of the street kind of kid all weekend long. And that's just reality and that's just another day of being a mom in case you happened to forget up there on your special mother's day pedestal. And by you, I mean me.
 
After brunch the day started looking up when we took the boys to the McKinley Museum and they got to do science experiments and run off some of their crazy boy energy. The best part was hiking the stairs up to the monument and then teaching the boys how to roll back down the hills. Can you believe they actually did not know how to roll down a hill?! This is something that they literally needed to be taught. So I showed them the ropes and ended up with grass clippings all over my clothes and hair. But it the name of life lessons, it was worth it. So that's how we spent our weekend. How did you celebrate yours? Do you have any yearly traditions? I'd love to hear!




2 comments:

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger