Life Lately...

posted on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014


You know how some bloggers post Instagram round ups with little updates on their lives and families? Well this is like that, but with words. I may have crappy iphone images of some of these events I could include as well but you've probably already seen them on instagram anyway, so, I'll spare you.

  • I am still, STILL waiting on my bench cushion to be recovered before I show you pictures from our finished mudroom. The fabric I ordered finally, FINALLY shows up and what do you know - my upholsterer is in Boston on vacation this week. Next week, even if I have to cover it myself (which I do not recommend) but some way, some how I swear this project will be complete.
  • I'm 11 weeks pregnant now! I've had a consistent underlying baseline of constant nausea throughout this pregnancy so far that doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. It's mostly manageable, and I'm just thankful it's not worse so I am not going to complain. But it has turned tooth brushing into a daily EVENT, let me tell you. I have to psyche myself up and then do it as fast as humanly possible to make it through without gagging.
          And you're welcome for that little visual into my life. Anytime.
  • Josh and I saw the Grand Budapest Hotel last weekend and it was great of course. It only served to strengthen the confidence I've always had in our choice of name for our first born child all those years ago. I especially loved how Ralph Fiennes' character called everyone (including the men) darling throughout the whole thing. So, so good.
  • Speaking of dates with Josh we've had a few other fun ones where I've gotten to hang with his new co-workers a bit and start to get to know them. They're fantastic by the way. The first was a few weeks ago when we got to attend a Cavs game (my first ever)  with the whole Think Media crew. Their company does all the video for the Cavs and they'd created a special video that was projected onto the court during a half time ceremony when they retired Zydrunas Ilgauskas's jersey and team number. It was very cool. And now I can say I've been to the games of all three of Cleveland's pro teams for the first time in my life. I'm like a real life bonafide northeast Ohioan now! The other date night was just this past weekend when my mom kept the boys for a sleepover at her house and we met two of the guys Josh works with and their lovely wives up in Cleveland to see Marc Maron perform stand up. It was a really fun night and the latest I've stayed out in AWHILE.
  • And speaking of sleepovers, we had our baby niece for an overnight a few weeks ago and I'm officially in love with that little lady. That is all.
  • We bought Lincoln a leash and a harness and a line to be tied out in the backyard and so he goes outside with us now. He loves this development and is pretty much a dog in every possible way outside of looks. Especially when he steals all the pizza and eats it like it's going out of style.
  • My baby (not the in utero one) is turning three on Saturday! And we're having his party at our house. Right after the annual Easter egg hunt that morning in Akron that we have to attend because Wes will not let us get out of it this year even though WE'RE HOSTING A PARTY AT OUR HOUSE MERE HOURS LATER. Then Easter is the next day, of course. It's going to be a very busy weekend.  I need a nap just thinking about it.
So what's new with you guys? Any crazy/busy weekends on the horizon for anyone else?





.



1 comments:

  1. Extra nausea = Totally a baby girl in there! That's my feeling and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger