I could not be happier to be updating you all today on the progress of our kitchen! We finally replaced our sad linoleum floor with beautiful adoni slate and cement tile. I selected and secured the materials and did the design layout for the tile myself, but we hired out the actual labor. It went as smoothly as not having access to your kitchen for two weeks can go ;) but we finished on time and budget and you can't ask for much more than that. I love the finished results!
Here's a quick peek at our kitchen floor "before" (This picture is post phase one where we had completed a lot of cosmetic changes to the room but no major construction).
...and now after!
And yes, we also added a little butcher block top island and stools. I am loving this room more and more. And I'm so happy that all we have left for the final phase will be to install new countertops. We're almost there!