This is a Public Service Announcement

posted on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do you like chocolate?

Do you like pecans?

How about oatmeal?

If the answer is yes, then do I have a cookie for you!

(If the answer is no, well, I'm just not sure we can be friends anymore, because who ARE you?)


I've been making these cookies for awhile now but I never cease to be amazed at just how good they are.

They're my favorite cookie. There, I've said it. Better than pecan tarts, better than shortbread. Better than just about anything else.

And I just thought you should know.


Now, go make some and find out for yourself.



(PS. I omit the nutmeg altogether, and undercook them just enough so they're a little gooey in the middle. Best eaten right out of the oven. Trust me on this one.)

(PPS. If you're looking for just a good old fashioned oatmeal cookie, leave out the chcocolate or even the chocolate and the pecans (although I'm not sure why that would ever be necessary. Maybe if you're allergic, but that's it!) and you will be left with the best oatmeal cookie of your life. No fooling.)

(PPPS. Joy has a new cookbook out. She writes a dang good blog and I love her in that if-we-knew-each-other-in-real-life-we-would-totally-be-friends kind of way. You should buy it. I did. For Abby. So she will make me all the delicious treats inside. Supporting Joy and my own self interest. It's win-win, really.)

1 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you bought this - for Abby. What a crack up! You are awesome - what more can I say?!

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger