Valentine's, 2008

posted on: Thursday, February 14, 2013

I thought today would be fitting for a post about the valentine's day we announced to everyone we loved that we were having our first baby. We'd decided to wait until I was three months along before telling anyone our little secret. And it just so happened that the three month mark fell right around valentine's day. Never allowing a good opportunity to go to waste we decided to use the holiday to surprise them with the news. So, we baked off a few dozen heart shaped cookies, frosted them pink and blue and boxed them up with our first ultrasound picture - ready for delivery! Of course (because it's what happens to me on the most important days of my life) the flu hit us the next day and we barely made it out of bed at all let alone to all five of our parents houses. But we did manage to suck it up long enough to get the boxes delivered to both of our moms, which was no easy task that day. But it was completely worth it because I will never forget those moments, watching them open up their cookies and seeing the realization of what this really was register on their faces. My mom was literally clapping her hands and jumping up and down with excitement. It was perfect and oh, how my heart just swells even thinking about it now. Never have two ladies been so excited to become grandparents as those two were that valentine's day.   
 
 


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, how cute! What an adorable idea. How fun to look back and see how much has changed since then :) And now I want a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was SUCH A GREAT DAY!!!! XOXOX (I am still that excited about being a Grandma!!!). Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger