bon vivant, man about town

posted on: Sunday, December 11, 2011


to the man who likes a nice suit and a nicer pair of shoes
who cooks a mean meal and bakes a perfect cheesecake
who gave me a bike and a safe street and my first taste of freedom
who said "bloody mary" three times into the mirror to prove she wasn't real
who slept on a roll away bed on the weekends so we could have his
who threw me a 16th birthday party
and taught me to drive in the church parking lot
who always let me go to sleepovers on his saturday nights
who cut my grapefruit into segments
and made me cream of wheat on sunday mornings
who cried with me in my hospital room as
he held his first grandson in his arms
who took me to museums and concerts and out for ice cream
who always trusted me, listened to me and believed in me
i love you very, very, very much

happy birthday.




1 comments:

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger