(Early) Thanksgiving

posted on: Monday, November 19, 2012

One of the toughest parts of coming from divorced families has always been splitting our time between everybody over the holidays. Over time we've figured out a few ways to ease the stress while still making time for everyone. One of of our new favorite traditions is early thanksgiving with Josh's mom's side of the family. This year we hosted and everyone was able to make it (except Victor, we missed you!) even Lisa made the pilgrimage (you see what I did there?) all the way from Canada. Everyone pitched in and brought a dish and it all turned out so delicious. Todd, my annual thanksgiving sous chef and moral support, helped me get the turkey, stuffing and potatoes on the table. Lisa brought our first ever gluten-free side dishes for everyone to try (quinoa stuffing!) Josh's mom made sure their italian bloodline was well represented with homemade lasagna and meatballs and Josh's grandpa...well he made the cannoli. And honestly, that's all that really mattered anyway.

all (the good) photos courtesy of Jessica cuz she's the best.




p.s. In case I haven't thoroughly stressed enough the magnitude with which this family loves Josh's grandfather's cannoli, let me show you Josh's arm.



Yeah. It's that serious.



4 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO seriously hungry now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of that gorgeous food! We're gearing up to host Thanksgiving for my husband's family for the first time. I'm excited and terrified at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more of your stuffing and those potatoes. And all those decadent desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks AMAZING. Now I'm hungry. Yum!!

    Sarah

    www.stylesarah.com

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger