What I'm Reading Lately

posted on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013


This book has been all the rage lately (as I'm sure you know) and just like everyone else, I could not put this one down. It wasn't the most realistic thing I've ever read, (that's why they call it fiction right?) but I dug it. Until the end that is. Screw that ending.

3 out of 5 stars


 
So for christmas I wanted to round up some good young adult books to give as a gift to my cousin/godson and word on the street was this was one of the best books out there. I'd actually never read it so before I could commit  to giving it as a gift I borrowed it from the library and pounded it out in a couple of afternoons one weekend to make sure it lived up to all the hype. It was a good little story and I liked it a lot. A bit too young for my current tastes but it was perfect for a  teenage boy.
 
3 out of 5 stars

 
I LOVED THIS BOOK. Also a gift for my cousin and I hope he loved it as much as I do. I actually listened to the audiobook for this one and I can't recommend it enough. I liked it so much that I made Josh listen to it and now he's hooked too. It's been surprisingly fun to read a series together and now we're always discussing the plot twists and our theories on this or that. (It's actually kind of adorable, you guys.) Who woulda thought YA sci-fi could bring us even closer together? awwwwwwww ;)
 
5 out of 5 stars
 

 
Which brings us to...the sequel! Josh already finished it and I'm a little over half way through right now. So far it is every bit as good as Ender's Game and I can't wait to get to Earth Unaware next.
 
Pre-emptive 5 out of 5 stars, but I seriously doubt anything will change that.
 
 

 
Ok, maybe I'm missing something here because everyone raves about how funny this book is, but I think it's just kind of, eh. I've had it for MONTHS and I've been trying to read it for MONTHS. Not that it's a hard read by any means but it just doesn't keep my attention. I've made it half way through so far and am looking for the motivation to even finish. Does it get better? Why am I not into this? Someone please explain.
 
1 out of 5 stars
 
 
 
And up next...I have this little pretty just waiting in the wings. I've been meaning to read it for awhile now and happily recieved a copy as a christmas gift and I can't wait to dive in. Has anyone read it? What did you think? What else is good out there that you can recommend? I'm always up for suggestions!

1 comments:

  1. Ender's Game and the sequels were required reading in my high school English class. I loved it, too.

    The Imperfectionists is actually a favorite of mine! I read it a year ago or so and couldn't put it down. It reads like short stories more than a novel, which I happen to love because it makes for good stopping points (although the writing is so engaging, I never wanted to stop). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger