Sister Day!

posted on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013

 

 
So remember back in August when I turned 30? As my birthday gift way back when Abby promised me a day of sisterly fun whenever we could arrange our work/school/life schedules to allow for it - and somehow we juuuuuust now got around to it. It's the birthday that keeps on giving and I'm not mad about it. She made us appointments for manicures and pedicures at the Spa at Yellow Creek which was VERY fancy and we had our fingernails painted to match because we're adorable like that ;). For dinner all my culinary dreams came true with a perfect bowl of bolognese at Dante up in Tremont, and then, because we were really going all out, we took ourselves over to SOHO for dessert. They only have three desserts on the menu and they're all perfect. We came THIS close to ordering all three to share but wussed out at the last second since we were actually, already totally full. I know, I'm disappointed in us too. But it turned out the pecan pie and banana pudding we're quite sufficient. And what's a better way to end a day of pampering and self indulgence than strapping on some gloves and painting my dining room...starting at 10pm? Because that's exactly what we did. Because I have the greatest sister in the world, you see. You all should really get yourself an Abby if you don't already have one,  because she's sort of the best.
 


2 comments:

  1. You two are so cute, adorable, and awesome! (A small pat on my own back here too!) Love you guys soooo much! What an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are all lucky to have our Abby in our lives! your dad

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger