Wes's Bedroom Reveal

posted on: Saturday, November 9, 2013


I'm finally posting pictures of Weston's bedroom! It was only the first room done, months ago. Not sure what's taken me so long. But here it is, at long last. I don't have any good "before" pictures of this room for some reason so you'll just have to picture this; orangish/brown stained trim, old berber carpet (the same that was in Oren's room), a rickety ceiling fan and an Ohio State wallpaper border. In my opinion, this is much better, and much more Wes. I didn't actually buy much for this room, since he already had bedroom furniture and accessories from his bedroom at our old house. The extra things I needed I was mostly able to pick up at IKEA, Target or through my work. The whole source list is at the bottom. So tell me guys, what do you think?



Paint for walls, Benjamin Moore 1481 Half Moon Crest, Paint for trim and ceiling, Benjamin Moore OC-17 White Dove. Bed and dresser existing and purchased years ago online. Bedroom area rug RugsUSA. Bedside table, picture frame, alarm clock and lamp all from Target.  Duvet and sheets from Target. Molecule pillow case, custom design by me created on spoonflower.com. Map decal above bed from Lewa's Designs on Etsy. Ceiling light, IKEA's Vaster pendant light spray painted in Valspar Red (I bought it in IKEA's red color but when we got it home it wasn't the right shade for the room so I had to paint it).  Task light on dresser, George Kovacs. The cork board on the dresser was a DIY I did a long time ago and all the badges and patches are my dad's old things from when he was an Eagle Scout. The drum set was a gift to Wes from his grandparents that they found at a local garage sale. I bought the drum stool from Amazon. The pictures on the wall are prints from Berkeley Illustration on Etsy and framed by me. The rhino head on the wall is from Tozai. I found the little red Virco chair at our local Goodwill and Wes made the dreamcatcher that's hanging on the doorknob. The solar system mobile is from Authentic Models. In Wes's little office room, the area rug is Nate's Berkus's arrowhead rug from Target. The desk chair and hardware on the built in are both from Restoration Hardware. The low bookcase, wall clock and storage cubes are from Target. The print on the wall is a custom one made by AVintage Poster and framed by me.

As with Oren's room, this room is not exactly completely done. I still need to get white roman shades for his windows and we need to have the whole darn floor replaced in his office where a previous owner patched a hole in the wood planks with cement. Because when you're covering it with ugly berber carpet who cares, right? Ha!  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and Wes loves it a lot which is really what matters most. Hope you all enjoyed another little peek into our new home! It's getting there, slowly but surely ;)

1 comments:

  1. You did such an amazing job! I so, so, so love the pops of red you included. This is a room that will grow with Wes for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger