To Wes on Your 4th Birthday

posted on: Monday, August 20, 2012



Dear Wes,

Today it's been four whole years since you came into this world and changed my life in the best way possible. You're starting preschool this week and I can hardly believe you're the same person as that little baby we brought home from the hospital, with dreamy fresh milk breath and those signature chubby cheeks.
At four years old you can write your name, count to 20, and you have the most amazing imagination. You're always slaying dragons, fighting bad guys or steering your ship off into the deep blue abyss, on the search for lost treasure. You're always the first to walk up to a new kid and introduce yourself, "Hi, I'm Weston. What's your name? Wanna play?" and so I just know you're going to love this new phase of your life and I know you're going to do great. I hope you don't mind, but I'm keeping you home with me on Mondays even though, technically, school is five days a week. Until kindergarten, I'm going to take every day, every hour, every minute with you that I can get before you grow up any more.  You are an absolute joy in my life. You're so bright, so funny, so independent and clever I just can't believe I had a part in making such a special little person. I feel so lucky to be the one that's gets to teach you, watch over you and and share in your life with you.

I love you my biggest, bravest, most handsome boy
Mommy


1 comments:

  1. A word for the future-they are always your baby, no matter how tall they get. I think Karla would put her name to this too.
    Happy birthday, sweet Wes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger