Last Night of Five

posted on: Tuesday, August 19, 2014



This is how I will remember this night. Tissue clenched in fist because he cried himself to sleep. Six years old tomorrow and starting kindergarten at a brand new school. He doesn't want to go. I don't want him to go. He still sleeps with the animal blanket he's had since he was born. He is older, but he is still so little. He still wanted me tonight when he was scared. His body curled tightly around mine and I stroked his hair and told him everything would be ok. I held him in my arms until sleep finally came and I was grateful. Grateful for how much he still needed me tonight, because I still need him - and tomorrow isn't going to change any of that. Tonight we were scared, but tomorrow we will be brave. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger