It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

posted on: Tuesday, December 21, 2010


My favorite things about the holiday season are

the first time it snows

Wrapping presents with really fancy bows, even though this tradition consumes ridiculous amounts of ribbon every year, I just can't help myself

Pecan tarts. If you've never had one, you have not lived.

Josh having an imaginary phone conversation with Santa to trick Wes into being good

ALL Christmas movies (my all time favorites are "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "A Muppet Family Christmas"). Holiday viewing can acceptably begin as early as September.

Presents, duh!

Wes screaming in delight every single time he sees Christmas lights on someone's house at night

Valiantly getting all bundled up and marching around the fields of the tree farm for what seems like hours scrutinizing every single tree in search of the very best to cut down and make our very own, only to (as expected) end up selecting one from the pile of pre-cut trees

Making paper snowflakes to decorate my house with (even though I am shown up annually by my creative and talented paper-snowflake-making family and friends) 

Hot chocolate in a bowl (my dad's uber rich version of hot chocolate. And I don't even really like chocolate)

When the first radio station starts playing christmas songs 24/7

Watching Wes and Josh play in the snow together while I spectate from inside warmly and safe from erroneous snowballs

Real fires in our wood burning fireplace (they smell amazing!) and fighting Georgia (a certain pug/beagle mix who does not smell amazing) for the warmest spot right in front

having four stockings hung this year

my big extended family and my little one at home


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger